Sunday, March 20, 2011

Real Talk: Making Change is NOT So EASY!

"...For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.  For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing...So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me.  For in my inner being I delight in God’s law;  but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me."  [Romans 7: 18-19 & 21-23]


Let's get real today, Ladies!  Let's be transparent. Let's get honest about how we are truly feeling.

Sure, you may read one of our devotionals on a given day...and sure, it may sound great to your spirit.  The "word" hits home and causes a resonance in your heart.  You know you need to make a change, you want to make a change, and according to what Women of the Battlefield Ministries' message is telling you, you should be taking advantage of the benefits you've been freely given as a result of Christ's crucifixion...

BUT, when all is said and done, your honest issue is that you don't know how, it is not so easy, and what you may desire to do or change, you just cannot carry it out.
What are you to do???

Being transparent with you today, I even struggle with such issues myself.  Even though, I arise each morning in prayer and expectation that the Holy Spirit will speak a message through me, to you, there are some of my own messages, that actually preach TO ME, and also leave me wondering "How?"..."How can I do this?"..."How will I reap the benefits of the cross and make this change?"

Just this week, I have struggled with the issues of knowing I needed to make a change, and feeling that it was not going to be easy, yet knowing that if the Bible says, "whom the Son set free is free, indeed", there must be a victory out there for me.  Lately, I have been struggling with discontent and self-image issues concerning my health, eating patterns, and current weight.  For health reasons, related to my blood pressure, it would truly behoove me to lose a little weight.  And for all practical and personal reasons, I know that I am not at a weight that suits my height, and the proper energy level that my lifestyle requires.  But for some reason, the thoughts of making an attempt to become more healthy and shed some pounds, has made me anxious; and instead of taking the steps to make some changes, I refuse the change all together and continue with even more destructive patterns of eating to soothe this anxiety.

So, LIKE YOU, I need to change, want to change, and yet reject the gift and power of the cross by not making a change...What must I do to move forward??? What can I do to truly make a change???

First, you and I must understand that most of our difficulties are rooted in underlying, hidden issues.  We can start off by asking God to "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts" [Psalm 139:23], exposing these underlying, root issues, and to assist us in cleansing ourselves from them.

 "How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults."
 [Psalm 19:12]

"Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life."
[Psalm 129:24]


Second, we must commit to be "transformed by the renewing our minds". We have to be willing to "let go" and surrender our minds to Christ, in order that they may be radically altered to line-up with His mind and Kingdom thoughts.  The thoughts and ways of "this world" and the lies that we believe from the enemy are impeding us and and standing as a huge obstacle in our progress.  My eating/health issues, your depression, her tendencies to continue to fornicate and/or involve herself with married men, ARE all rooted in underlying, deep, MIND issues...therefore, our current thought patterns and "worldly" minds must be ambushed and transformed!



"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
[Romans 12:2] 


Next, we need to FEED on the Word, DAILY & CONSISTENTLYThere is no way around it...I know that our plates are already packed and full, but with today's technological innovations and abilities, there is NO EXCUSE for us not to be able to be connected to the Word each day.  Just as we make sure that we get in that breakfast, snack, lunch, and dinner (or at least two of those meals) in order to survive and physically make it through our days without getting crabby, light-headed and passing out, we MUST get in our doses of SPIRITUAL FOOD daily, in order that we will spiritually and emotionally be able to survive through each moment of our days, without getting weary or anxious, and giving up!  Read your Bible, download a podcast to your iPod, watch a Christian broadcast, listen to a Christian broadcast in your car, read a devotional on-line, read a page of Our Daily Bread on the toilet. HOWEVER you gotta get it...GET IT!...Stay spiritually fit and feed on that Word EACH DAY!!!


"Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do." [Joshua 1:8]

"So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ." [Romans 10:17]

Finally, be prepared and know that you are going to have to be strong and ready to reclaim your freedom BY FORCE!  Of course, it will not be "by your power, or your might, but by the Spirit (and might) of the Lord"; you are just going to have to be willing to go with His flow, surrender to His leading, and "die" to self (OUCH!!!), in order that you may FINALLY obtain this victory in your life.


"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
[Matthew 11:12]

"‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty." [Zechariah 4:6]
"And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires."
[Galatians 5:24]

"I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live I live by believing in God’s Son, who loved me and took the punishment for my sins." [Galatians 2:20] 


WE CAN DO IT!
I WILL DO IT!
We now have all the tools we need...
WE CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST
WHO GIVES US THE STRENGTH!
[Philippians 4:13]


Mad Luv...Real Talk~Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was this message encouraging, empowering, or enlightening to you? Do you have prayer needs that you'd like us at Women of the Battlefield Ministries to lift up in prayer for you? Please leave your comments.