Tuesday, March 15, 2011

And Still I Rise!

"Do not gloat over me, my enemy!  Though I have fallen, I will rise.  Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light." [Micah 7:8]


There will be times in all of our lives when we are not at the "top" and feel more like we have been seated in the pit and stuck in the valley.  It may seem very dark, and you may feel as though you will never get above water again, or at least, no time soon.  And as if you did not already know that you are down and in the valley, your friends, family, and/or enemies may only add salt to your wounds.  Gossiping, speculating, and whispering, they chatter behind your back about your fallen state, making judgments, and even declaring what they would have done if they had been in your shoes (to have avoided being seated in the pit).  They begin to look down on you and pity you; writing your situation off as sad, pitiful, and lost...with no hopes of your return or resurrection...

BUT still YOU WILL RISE...oh Enemy, oh "Aunt Paula", oh "random individual-who only KNOWS OF me-but doesn't KNOW me-yet loves to discuss me and my family", do not be so quick to "count me out" or to gloat over me...assuming that you are about to ride over my head in victory...
STILL I RISE...with a MIGHTY GOD by my side!

"He will bring me out into the light; I will see his righteousness.  Then my enemy will see it and will be covered with shame, she who said to me, 'Where is the Lord your God?'  My eyes will see her downfall..." [Micah 7:9-10]


Yes, for a moment you maybe "hard pressed on every side... perplexed... persecuted... and struck down", but our God has a mighty plan for your future and He will not allow you to be "crushed...in despair...abandoned...or destroyed ." (2 Corinthians 4:9-10) Your story is not finished yet, and it surely does not end in that pit or valley. 

 

But you must not get weary and give up in your valley, you must not hold your head down in disgrace and give in to the negativity all around you, pressing you to break down and lose in defeat.

 

Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might (Ephesians 4:10)...hold on...And just as your real-life or spiritual enemies think that they've got you and won the victory...

LOOK OUT...

God will "prepare a banquet for (you) while (your) enemies watch" (Psalm 23:5) and will "deal with all who oppressed you" (Zephaniah 3:19), gossiped about you, and slandered your name.  He will restore your soul and "restore your fortunes before your very eyes" (Zephaniah 3:20)and everyone else's. 

 "So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while."

[1 Peter 1:6]

 "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."

[1 Peter 5:10]

LOOK OUT ENEMY!!!


Mad Luv~Teri

Still I Rise

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
'Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops.
Weakened by my soulful cries.

Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
'Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin' in my own back yard.

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.

Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?

Out of the huts of history's shame
I rise
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.


By Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was this message encouraging, empowering, or enlightening to you? Do you have prayer needs that you'd like us at Women of the Battlefield Ministries to lift up in prayer for you? Please leave your comments.