Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Open Your Mouth & Pray

But truly God has heard me; he has attended to the voice of my prayer.
[Psalm 66:19]


Open Your Mouth, Dear Child
By Teri L. Davis

My Dear Beloved Child,

It has been a while and you have been dearly missed.  Though I haven't heard from you in some time, I have continued to take delight in you.  I have continued to rejoice over you with singing.  My hearts longs for you.  I long to hear your voice again.  Open your mouth, Dear Child...Speak to me.

Open Your Mouth, Dear Child...
tell me your passions,
describe your greatest dreams,
what makes you smile, what makes your heart glow and skip in joy...

Open Your Mouth, Dear Child...
tell me what keeps you up throughout the long nights,
what thoughts loom above your dear head like a dark, stormy cloud...
Open Your Mouth.

Cry Out to Me, Dear Child...
tell me what you're tired of, 
tell me that you ache,
tell me that "enough is enough" & you're ready to throw in the towel...

Cry Out to Me, Dear Child...
tell me who hurt you,
who has broken your heart,
who has caused your soul to ache and your pillow to be soaked in your tears...
Open Your Mouth.

Scream Out to Me, Dear Child...
what's got you so incensed,
what's stolen your sweet peace and has you on such edge,
tell me why you're mad with me,
what resentment do you have,
Hold nothing back, Dear, nothing back...
Speak to me.

Open Your Mouth, Dear Child...
tell me how you're lost,
tell me how you're confused,
express what you cannot seem to conquer alone,
let me know how I can help you,
let me hold your hand and help show you the way through...

Open Your Mouth, Dear Child...
tell me how much you love me,
tell me how much you care,
tell me how you need me & how you could never live without me.

Open Your Mouth
         OPEN Your Mouth
                   OPEN YOUR MOUTH!!!

I long to hear YOUR VOICE again!

With Unconditional Love, 
Your Abba Father


“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." 
[Matthew 7:7-8]




God is our creator and truly knows the thoughts and desires of our heart without us even speaking a word.  But God desires and longs for a true relationship with us.  He wants us to open our mouths in prayer to Him and express all that's on our hearts; the good and the bad, holding nothing back.  Just as a mother longs to hear about her youngsters' day at school, or hopes that her teenager will continue to trust her and keep the lines of communication open, so our Abba Father in Heaven looks forward to conversing with us and keeping a close knit relationship, where we can feel comfortable sharing all and hold nothing back. 


So...OPEN YOUR MOUTH & PRAY!!!



Talk to Your Daddy in Heaven



"Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.  And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him." [1 John 5:14-15] 


Mad Luv~Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was this message encouraging, empowering, or enlightening to you? Do you have prayer needs that you'd like us at Women of the Battlefield Ministries to lift up in prayer for you? Please leave your comments.