Friday, March 11, 2011

Just Do It! (Take That First Step Out of Your "Ur")

"Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. " 
[Genesis 12:1]

There have been times when I have prayed for the Lord to give me direction in my life, and soon after praying (that day or a day or so later)  have felt the answer in my spirit.  To provide me with the assurance that what I felt in my spirit was truly a word from the Lord, God has usually been so faithful and thorough in making sure that I will come across or hear a scripture later that day, or even that my better-half seems to be right on board and enthusiastic about the idea in my heart; thus He provides me with confirmation! 

But the real issue with my revelations are that God will point me to a clear destination, but I do not always have all the answers to my questions about how I will get to that point, what exact path I will take, and how I will get over some hurdles that I can already anticipate, just from knowing where He's destined me to.  And I will tell you, sometimes those hurdles are the type that seem insurmountable and impossible; the type that may even deter you from taking that first step.

I have been at that point quite a few times in my life:  a destination ahead of me, a directive from God to make a move, but not having all the pieces to the puzzle in advance to soothe my fleshly concerns.  And to add to that slight touch of fear and apprehensiveness in taking such a huge step out, there is the "peanut gallery" of friends and family on the sidelines...

"Well how are you going to do that?"..."How will you provide for "this or that"?"..."How will you get from point A to B?"  "Oh, you will ever be able to do or get "this or that" with your bad credit?"   "That's very unlikely.  No one has ever, blah, blah, blah's".......

And after hearing all of the possible obstacles you'll have (that maybe you hadn't even thought of), all the impossibilities, and all the reasons why your idea/or decision is simply preposterous, you are almost a second away from second guessing if this was even a word from God and/or whether you are even going to take this step anymore.  What's a woman to do???

JUST DO IT!

I have learned from my own life experiences that God requires you to stir up that faith and take that first step out towards what He's called you to.  He wants you to "just do it!" believing that from just taking that first step out, He will surely order and direct every other step from there; clearing obstacles and allowing you agility to leap over your hurdles.

"I will go before you and make the rough places smooth; I will shatter the doors of bronze and cut through their iron bars." [Isaiah 45:2]

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you." [Psalm 32:8]

"I know, O LORD, that a man's way is not in himself, Nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps." [Jeremiah 10:23]

"See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared." [Exodus 23:20]

"This is what the LORD says--your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go." [Isaiah 48:17]


Situations of uncertainty in taking a HUGE leap of faith, is nothing new under the sun.  In the Old Testament, Abraham (then Abram) was instructed by God to "Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. " (Genesis 12:1)   God wanted Abraham, who was about  75 years old, to leave his hometown of Ur, and go somewhere that He would direct him.  Could you imagine being old, leaving your comfort zone, and even worse, not knowing where you were going and how you would get there???  But Abraham was faithful and "went, as the LORD had told him" (Genesis 12:4).  And because Abraham took such a step and decided to "just do it!, God directed his steps and blessed him greatly, beyond measure!

“I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” [Genesis 12: 2-3]

So where is God directing you to, but you are skeptical about leaving your "Ur"?  What step is He calling you to take, but you are not sure (ahead of time) about how all the pieces will fit together?  Is He calling you to go buy a new car, but you know your credit is "jacked-up" and can't imagine how you will get it without a miracle?  Is He calling you to move to another state, but you do not know anyone there and feel afraid?  Is He calling you to leave your job and finally start your own business, but you have no idea how all the "ends will meet"?

I have been there and took a STEP against the "peanut gallery" and against my own unanswered questions, and our faithful God directed me and supplied my needs in all ways...often miraculously!!!

Be like me...HECK, be like the "Father" of  "The Promise", Abraham...
JUST DO IT! ...
and watch how God blesses you!!!

Mad Luv~Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was this message encouraging, empowering, or enlightening to you? Do you have prayer needs that you'd like us at Women of the Battlefield Ministries to lift up in prayer for you? Please leave your comments.