Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Be Transformed & Get Reprogrammed


"Do not be conformed to this world, but continually be transformed by the renewing of your minds so that you may be able to determine what Gods' will is -what is proper, pleasing, and perfect." [Romans 12:2 AMP]

Last night I was reading over a few entries in one of my journals (written back in January of 2007). It was a difficult time for me at the dates of these entries: my grandmother had just died; I was nearly three months pregnant; I had to travel via plane with my family (which included two young children) to NJ; and then had to immediately continue my travels via car to Virginia for Grandma's funeral. I was feeling the loss of my grandmother and also had the weight of unbalanced pregnant hormones to really throw my emotions off kilter. And as if I needed more to add to my plate, I had already had my plate burdened and stacked with some other anxieties: I had a lot of fear and uncertainty for my future.

In one of my entries, I am spilling out my emotions, fears, and anxieties onto the page, along with cries out to God to, "Help me to find balance...help me to learn how to be anxious for nothing". By the next day, my entry reflected thanksgiving to God for His comfort, in addition to expressing honesty and transparency about my feelings towards walking in His word. Although I was on board and longed to learn not to be anxious for anything, and completely trust Him, I knew that getting to that point would, "require me to rely completely on (Him)". And that type of reliance was going to be NEW to me!

For me, if was not normal or natural to have a problem or care that seemed insurmountable or overwhelming, and simply cast "the mess" over to God and be anxious for nothing. How could your loved one die and you be anxious for nothing? How could your get in a fender bender, and be anxious for nothing? How could you not have money to pay your mortgage, and be anxious for nothing? My husband cheated on me...my best friend betrayed me...my bank account is negative...my biopsy came back positive for...my car got repossessed...my child is on drugs...AND I AM SUPPOSED TO BE ANXIOUS FOR NOTHING??? How do you do that?!!!

With all the circumstances that I could list above(life issues that could cause most people great unrest) or that I actually experienced myself, that day I concluded and wrote:

"I realized today, that when it is all said and done, my best bet is to learn to stand on your word and promises. No, your ways are not my ways. And that is often difficult for me to fathom. In "the world", continuing to speak and believe a word (a specific promise from God) that does not even appear to look like that word (that promise) , is not even logical to my natural mind. Deprogramming is going to require some extra strength and will power, so to speak. I've got to do it! I want to do it! I know that I will require a lot of your help and strength in this. But in 2007, I am TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWING OF MY MIND!...Please be patient with me during my transformation...Amen!"

It was on that day in 2007 that I grasped the concept that although I am here on Earth, once I declared Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I was truly no longer OF "this world" and Earth. I had to have the mind of Christ and be transformed in my ways of thinking and functioning. In order for my soul to be free and for me to prosper in this life, I had to deprogram my mind from the values, habits, and tendencies that were so ingrained in me and natural, and re-write my mind according to His word and His ways (no matter how backwards in may seem to my worldly logic).

You see, I have learned during my short life that although in "the world", 1+1 may equal 2. According to God's way and program, 3+4 can equal 2. Now based on all of our teachings and grand logical minds, 3 +4 equaling 2 is preposterous and completely illogical; thus, IMPOSSIBLE. But you see, God's rebuttal to that is found in Isaiah 55:8-9:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
The way our God thinks, you give and you continue to be blessed, receive abundantly, and be prosperous. In our world, you do not give to to be prosperous; you hoard and/or steal.
The way our God thinks, you return hate, betrayal, insults, and offenses with LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. In our world, you return that type of negativity with that of the same; an eye for an eye.
The way our God thinks, when we have a worry He wants us to give it to him and continue on in faith with our day and rest peacefully at night. In our world, when we have a worry, we cry, eat more, eat less, drink, smoke, sleep too much, or stay up all night with knots in our stomachs.
So here are the facts:
  • God's ways are not our ways. His thoughts are not like our thoughts and reasoning. So do not expect them to make sense in your natural mind.
  • Nothing is impossible with God. So 3 + 4 CAN equal 2! And you can actually LOVE the hate out of someone!
  • Having true freedom and peace of mind and soul will require us to have the mind of Christ and think like we are of His Kingdom, not of "the world". We must remember, according to the bible, we are simply aliens, strangers, and exiles here on Earth until we are delivered to Heaven
Conclusion:
LADIES, it's time to be transformed, deprogram and reprogram!
And I am certain that God, that began the good work within you will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns! [Phil. 1:6]
Mad Luv~Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was this message encouraging, empowering, or enlightening to you? Do you have prayer needs that you'd like us at Women of the Battlefield Ministries to lift up in prayer for you? Please leave your comments.