Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Shield of Faith: The Dream

"In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one." [Ephesians 6:16]

The Dream 7-16-09

Suddenly I find myself standing on a large, grassy field (somewhat like a soccer/football field). As I am aware of my location, I am also quickly aware of my company, my position, and the lack of time I have for thought. Standing in this field, I look ahead of me to fearfully observe a large and tremendous host of huge, muscular, burly individuals wearing blue and red jerseys, with physical stands and facial expressions that made it quite evident to me that they were my enemy, and their mission was to trample me with a quickness. As soon as I was aware of what was coming at me, I was just as quickly aware of the fact that I was alone, with no allies, no equipment, and no “visible” weapons, - I HAD NOTHING! I also had no time to let any fear set in and had to think quickly, “Oh, I have the shield of faith!” Now, I must admit...I made this declaration to myself with a hint of humor and with skepticism and uncertainty in my mind; according to the way I was seeing things, this weapon that I was considering on protecting myself with, was a “make-believe”, invisible shield.
How logical was this consideration and how truly powerful could this type of weapon be?

As the masses began to charge toward me, I whipped-up my right hand from down at my side, into a circular-like motion, in front of me, leaving my right forearm positioned between my chest and face; I was holding up this shield of faith, of course! Now the first warrior rushed up on me and surprisingly bounced back to the ground with a force as he hit up against my shield. Astonished and now curious, I executed the exact move with the left hand, this time. And again, another opponent was repelled by my shield and went flying back to the ground. At this point, curiosity had already begun to flee, and assuredness was setting in.

I continued to fight my battle, presenting my shield at least two more times, and it was just about at that moment that I became conscious of a presence at my right side. I did not have the time or ability to turn to give this new presence any eye contact. But I was aware it was male and he was wearing a flowing white garment. My soul knew it was Jesus! I know that I instantly thought or verbalized, “Oh, I didn’t know you were here. You weren’t here before. I was alone.” But Jesus replied to me, “I was here with you all along. However, it wasn’t until you actually used your shield of faith a few times that you were able to feel my presence and see me.” With that, I was more pumped and more confident than ever! I continued to battle the mass ahead of me, one- by-one; successful with each smooth move I made. I even came to a point when my body elevated up off the ground and I actually fought by sharply kicking my opponents from above. Before long, I had encountered my last enemy. I was amazed to survey the field decorated with my fallen opponents and to realize that with JUST ME, my SHIELD OF FAITH, and JESUS by my side, I was able to easily slaughter each and every one of them to my victory and Gods glory.


Through my dream, I believe God wants to remind us HOW POWERFUL faith can be when we actively pick it up to use as a weapon in our battles and trials of life.

How often have you felt overwhelmed, depleted, anxious, fearful, or hopeless from the tribulations of this life? And how often have you felt that your problems were beyond your own strength and capabilities to solve or overcome? Perhaps it’s the fact that you are lacking or have lost all resources, finances, time, or support from individuals, which has you feeling hopeless and prematurely defeated; not able to overcome the massive enemy force ahead of you. When you consider your situation, you cannot fathom how you will be able to overcome the obstacle ahead of you because there is no one willing to help you and no resources available to help you?

Well, God reminds us that we don’t need one other person or even any other resources to overcome when we present our STRONG FAITH and trust IN HIM. His grace is sufficient for us! [2 Corninthians 12:9]!  He is our JEHOVAH-JIREH (our provider) and nothing is too difficult for Him [Jeremiah 32:17 & 27].  And as our Abba Father, He wants to bring you and me through to success and victory over our trials and tribulations.

PICK UP YOUR SHIELD!
 
"He ransoms me unharmed from the battle waged against me even though many oppose me".
[Psalm 55:18]

 "For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Do not be afraid, O worm of Jacob, O little Israel, for I myself will help you declares the Lord, Your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel." [Isaiah 41:13-14]
 
 
[Today's devotional is a revised re-post of a note posted on facebook in 2009]
 
Mad Luv~Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was this message encouraging, empowering, or enlightening to you? Do you have prayer needs that you'd like us at Women of the Battlefield Ministries to lift up in prayer for you? Please leave your comments.